Shawn Phillips, Lay Director of the Church of Gichitwaa Kateri and Office of Indian Ministry for the Archdiocese of St Paul and Minneapolis, shares stories from his ministry within our Native American communities, discusses the importance of learning about our interconnected histories, and reflects on this work within the context of Catholic Social Teaching. You can learn more about the Church of Gichitwaa Kateri here or contact Shawn at email@example.com.
Other Resources for Further Learning:
• Archdiocese of St Paul & Minneapolis: Seeking Truth Together: Confronting the History of Indian Boarding Schools
• USCCB: Two Rivers: On Catholic Native American Culture and Diversity
• NABS: The National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition
• US Department of the Interior: Federal Indian Boarding School Initiative Investigative Report
• Canada: Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
Social Justice Education Manager