Ten new members join agency’s board, providing a diverse cross-section of leaders from the business, civic and non-profit communities.
MINNEAPOLIS / SAINT PAUL, February 22, 2016 – Catholic Charities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, the largest comprehensive social services organization in the region, announced today its new board of directors. Ten new members joined the agency’s board effective January 1, 2016: Paul Amla, Adam Cox, Steve Cramer, Kathleen Erickson DiGiorno, Herschel Herndon, Frank Dutke, Christine Esckilsen, Barbara J. Melsen, James M. McClean, and Michael Wilczynski
“We are pleased to welcome these ten new board members, who bring a vast wealth of experience and deep personal commitment to the work that Catholic Charities does to serve those most in need in the Greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul region,” said Kathleen Cooney, Chair of the Catholic Charities Board of Directors and Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer for HealthPartners.
“Catholic Charities is working to create a community where there is poverty for no one, and opportunity for everyone,” said Tim Marx, President and Chief Executive Officer of Catholic Charities. “The individuals who serve on our board – and the businesses and community networks they represent – play a critical role in our ability to move closer toward that vision.”
New Board Members Include:
• Paul Amla, President and Founder, AMLA International Translations
• Adam Cox, Senior Vice President, Marquette Asset Management
• Steve Cramer, President and CEO, Downtown Council and Downtown Improvement District
• Kathleen Erickson DiGiorno, Senior Legal Director, Medtronic, Inc.
• Herschel Herndon, President and Founder, HRH Global Connections, LLC
• Frank Dutke, President and CEO, United Properties, LLC
• Christine Esckilsen, Global Head of Human Capital/Assist General Counsel, Piper Jaffray
• Barbara J. Melsen, Community Volunteer
• James M. McClean, Government Relations Manager, HealthPartners.
• Michael Wilczynski, Assistant Vice President, Tax and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) General Tax Counsel, Cargill Incorporated.
2016 – 2017 Catholic Charities Board of Directors:
Kathleen M. Cooney, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, HealthPartners
Vice Chair/Chair Elect:
Tom Arata, Vice President – Global Technology Platforms, Ecolab
About Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis
Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis serves those most in need. We are a leader at solving poverty, creating opportunity, and advocating for justice in the community. Our programs for children, families and adults annually help nearly 30,000 people, regardless of faith, background or circumstance. Through our advocacy efforts, Catholic Charities serves as a tireless voice for those who often go unheard. Our work would not be possible without our dedicated volunteers and donors.
Vision: Poverty for No One; Opportunity for Everyone