The Catholic Charities Opportunity Center
The Opportunity Center, located near downtown Minneapolis, provides a place for those experiencing homelessness to connect with resources to move toward self-sufficiency.
- Breakfast: 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Laundry: 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. $1 to wash and dry
- Showers: 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Lockers: $5 charge for 30-day rental. Lockers are accessible at 8 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Mail: This address can be used to receive mail. Mail is not checked over the phone and I.D. is required to receive mail.
- Employment: Assistance with job search, resumes, one-on-one support and access to job skills training.
Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Foot care: Sole Care for Souls provides foot care and massages each Wednesday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Healthcare for the Homeless: Health clinic each Tuesday and Thursday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Hennepin County: Access workers screen for county benefits, shelter, mental health services, medical and other programs.
- Rapid Re-housing: Short-term homeless individuals who have a permanent source of monthly income (more than General Assistance) can receive help finding housing
- Transition Support: Intake and screening for housing, mental health, food support, medical, chemical/alcohol dependency and various community resources.
Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Veterans' Outreach: Representatives from the Department of Veterans' Affairs are available to discuss benefits eligibility with veterans.
- Voicemail: Set up free voicemail provided by Twin Cities Community Voicemail
Culinary Skills Training Program
Catholic Charities offers a 10-week class to prepare adults for jobs in the food industry. Read more about the Culinary Skills Training Program
740 17th Street East
Minneapolis, MN 55404
612.375.9105 fax View Larger Map