Catholic Charities’ Opportunity Center is a daytime resource center for the homeless and near-homeless population in Minneapolis. It provides a welcoming environment while promoting hope, dignity and positive change. Opportunity Center provides basic needs while helping individuals and families through crisis situations and facilitates movement toward self-sufficiency.
This daytime center offers on-site social services that include medical professionals, counselors, employment resources and housing advocacy programs. Open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in winter and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. in summer, it meets basic needs through meals, showers, lockers, laundry and informational resources. Modeled after Project Homeless Connect, Catholic Charities’ Opportunity Center creates a “one-stop-shop” by partnering with other community organizations to help move guests toward more stability.
- A complete listing of the day to day services is available in our monthly calendar.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Laundry, showers, lockers
- Culinary Skills training program
- Counseling services
- Employment assistance: job search, resumes, one-on-one support and access to job skills training
- Foot care, haircuts
- Health care
- Screening for county benefits, shelter, mental health services, medical and other programs
- Rapid Re-housing
- Veterans’ Outreach
- Voicemail, mail
- Legal assistance
- ID and birth certificate access
- SNAP and MNSure enrollment assistance
Culinary Skills Training Program
Catholic Charities offers a 10-week class to prepare adults for jobs in the food service industry. Read more about the Culinary Skills Training Program
740 17th Street E.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
View Larger Map
Connect to the services you need most to survive and thriveMore information