Catholic Charities’ Glenwood Residence offers 80 units of permanent housing to late-stage, chronic alcoholics. Many low-income, homeless, chronic alcoholics have struggled to attain sobriety. Glenwood Residence serves chronic alcoholics in Hennepin County who have had repeated admissions to detoxification centers and a history of failure in traditional chemical dependency treatment programs. Many residents have mental health issues that contribute to the cycle of alcoholism.
Glenwood Residence provides residential care in a homelike environment for its tenants regardless of level of intoxication. Alcohol is not allowed in the building. The cost-effective and compassionate housing option costs $51.45 per resident, per night, significantly less than visits to the emergency room ($905) or detox ($256).
- Three meals served daily
- Health care screenings
- Room checks twice daily
- Recreational activities
- Case management with structured goal planning
- Weekly Desire to Quit meetings
- Access to Narcotics Anonymous meetings at nearby Higher Ground
- Assistance in responsible living
- Referrals to mental health services
- Access to Higher Ground health clinic twice weekly
- Nurse on-site five hours weekly
- Computer access
- Medication monitoring
- Health education classes
- Front desk security
173 Glenwood Avenue N.
Minneapolis, MN 55405
View Larger Map