Counseling Services from Catholic Charities
Helping people gain hope and direction.
Catholic Charities’ Counseling Services uses a holistic and family-oriented approach and helps people gain hope and direction in their lives, overcome difficult experiences, live in safety and security, act responsibly in their interactions with others and preserve and strengthen their family life. Professionally trained and licensed counselors and therapists are dedicated to helping people who are troubled or hurting through affordable mental healthcare.
Individualized therapeutic counseling services include:
- Problem assessments
- Information and referral assistance
- Individual and family therapy
- Couple and marriage counseling
- Bilingual/Spanish counseling
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprogramming (EMDR)
Personal Growth Programs
Personal growth programs provide helpful information, coaching and support to develop self-care and interpersonal skills by experienced mental health counselors.
- Men’s therapy group
- Support group facilitation training
- 2nd marriage classes
Catholic Charities’ School-based Counseling program partners with seven select inner-city schools to provide a “safety net” for students and their families.
Support for Separated & Divorced
Catholic Charities' Support for Separated and Divorced program collaborates with parishes and other agencies to provide educational and support services for separated and divorced people and their families.
Benefits of counseling
Therapy focuses on growth, self-awareness, problemsolving, healing and change. Counseling can help people who want to:
- Reduce emotional turmoil, stress and fear
- Overcome anxiety and depression
- Learn new problem-solving skills
- Communicate more effectively
- Reduce the intensity or frequency of anger
- Change troublesome behaviors
- Minimize interpersonal conflict
- Improve marriage, family and other relationships
- Parent more effectively
- Recover from trauma and injury
- Cope with grief and loss
- Eliminate aggressive or abusive behavior
- Manage effects of mental illness
- Make healthy self-care choices
Fees and eligibilty
Services are available to people, regardless of religious affiliation or ability to pay, who live in the 12-county St. Paul and Minneapolis area. Fees are on a sliding-fee scale based on income and family size. Most health insurance is accepted for counseling services.
1276 University Avenue West,
St. Paul, MN 55104 email@example.com
New counseling clients:
After your first appointment is scheduled, you may download and fill out these forms to take with you to your first appointment. Or, you can fill these forms out when you arrive for your first appointment. For questions, call Counseling Intake at 651.647.3186 (para español, llama 651.647.3169).